1. Strategic Planning. Our strategic planning help organizations determine where they are heading and how they will get there.
- Assessment of current assets and approach to the work.
- Analysis of where the organization fit within their field.
- Examination of future opportunities.
- Development of action steps to implement changes.
- Capacity building services to support the implementation of the strategic plan.
2. Community Planning. We design and implement projects to help non-profit organizations, policymakers bring community-level perspectives to the table. Such projects usually include very diverse groups of people, and we help them work together to achieve meaningful dialogue about their communities. We focus on key components of a credible, transparent planning process:
- Community outreach to increase awareness of and engagement in the planning process.
- Use of a wide variety of community feedback mechanisms.
- Ongoing communication with local organizations to ensure active participation.
- Creation of accessible, appropriately translated materials and presentations.
- Capacity building services to support the implementation of a community plan.
- Developmental Evaluation. Some of the most innovative programmatic approaches to social impact are not well served by traditional models of evaluation. Developmental evaluation emphasizes providing real-time feedback to inform the ongoing development and execution of strategy. It involves building layers of evaluation over time – often creating new measures and evaluation tools as a program or initiative takes shape.
- Real-time Evaluation. Many organizations want to see evaluation results as they come in— so they can monitor progress and success, make mid-course adjustments, inform planning, and anticipate outcomes. Rather than waiting until the end of the evaluation, a real-time approach provides relevant and timely findings throughout the life of the program. More of a general approach than a specific evaluation model, real-time evaluation can be folded into formative and developmental evaluations.
Regardless of the size or scope of the evaluation, we work closely with the organizations to identify the right operational questions, data collection methods including their development, and means of reporting our findings. Very often, our program evaluations inform larger impact assessment and planning efforts.